Welcome to ISPI Potomac! Come grow your career by learning about performance improvement, sharing expertise, and making great professional friendships.
|March Event (Flyer)||Register for the March Event|
Five Star Course Evaluation
Max H. Cropper, Ph.D.
ISPI Members: $25, Non-Members: $35, Students: $15.
Pay Online or Cash/Check at the Door
About the Presentation
Does your instruction rate five stars? In this interactive presentation, you will learn about M. David Merrill’s First Principles of Instruction, and his five star evaluation instrument. You will help evaluate some online instruction, using a simplified five star evaluation form. You will also have the opportunity to do a five star evaluation of some of your own instruction, and to discuss your results.
The presentation will also summarize of Max’s dissertation research dealing with online course quality, including a description of reliability and validity evidence that he was able to provide for Merrill’s five star evaluation instrument.
At the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Describe Merrill’s First Principles of Instruction
- Describe research evidence for Merrill’s Five Star evaluation instrument
- Help perform a five star evaluation of an online course
- Perform a five star evaluation of one of your own courses
- Discuss implications for course development and evaluation
|Note: We usually meet on the second Tuesday of every month.||Visit ISPI International|
Tools Available to Members Only!
- Presentation materials, including video recordings of the presentation and the presenters’ slides, are now only available to Potomac Chapter members.
- Also, our job postings are exclusively for members.
So join today! Click on Join Us! on the left side menu of this page, then select Apply or Reapply depending on if you have been a member before or not. If you select Reapply, your username is your email address. If you do not remember your password, select Forgot your password? and you will receive an email message containing your password.
||If you are a member, click on Membership Login on the left side menu of this page. Your username is your email address. If you do not remember your password, select Forgot your password? and you will receive an email message containing your password.